Three weeks into the Servis Start the Cycle challenge and our water-saving consumers have been sharing even more advice on how not to waste water in the home:
- Soak your pots and pans instead of leaving the water running when giving them a scrub
- When boiling food only fill the pan with the amount of water you need rather than filling it to the top
- When using a hose add a nozzle and it will use less water – using a watering can would be even better!
- Instead of running the tap to get a nice cold glass of water, why not keep a jug of water in the fridge
- For those that don’t enjoy the washing up, you’ll be happy to know dishwashers typically use less water than hand washing!
- Try replacing your current shower head with low flow ones to restrict the amount that comes out – you can save yourself a lot of water
- Put buckets in the garden to collect the rain; it can be used for watering your plants or even washing the car
- If you water your garden in the morning there will be less evaporation. This little change can make a big difference
- Use a commercial car wash that recycles water or even better wash your own car on the lawn watering your grass at the same time!
- Don’t run the taps to get the right temperature before putting the plug in the bath, adjust the temperature as it fills
Keep an eye out on our Facebook and Twitter pages for water-saving advice throughout June and use #Startthecycle to share your tips on what helps you save.
The most ‘water-wise’ and proactive household taking part in the Start the Cycle challenge will win a new Servis water- saving dishwasher.
comments powered by